By D. Mitchell Lovette CH, CI
As the owner of Hypnosis Group based in Houston Texas, it is my business to know whats going on in the exciting world of professional Hypnotists.
Here are 10 reasons you might consider a rewarding career as a Hypnotist.
1. Due to poor presentation of Hypnosis to the world, people have not often thought of this as a viable career until now. As retired professionals become involved with it, the field as a whole has benefited by a better representation of it to the world, increasing the number of people seeking the service
2. As people gain experience using hypnosis to help solve their everyday common problems, referrals to loved ones have increased. This trend will continue with the efforts of organizations such as the National Guild of Hypnotists or the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners , whose goals are directed to making a trip to the Hypnotists office as routine as any other professional practitioner.
3. For those that use it, the benefits of hypnosis are considered to be high value, and the income a professional Hypnotist earns can be considerable as clientele is established and referrals begin.
4. The work is rewarding. You always work with people who are highly motivated so the success rate is high. I believe it is for this reason that many Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Psychiatrists become Hypnotists.
5. The hours are flexible. Rather than having a full time practice, it is easy to associate with an existing practice and work the hours you want.
6. There is no age limit. As long as you can sit in a chair and talk, you can be an effective Hypnotist.
7. There are no psychical limitations, see #6.
8. If you are a person who likes to talk, this career is for you. Of course, we listen first and gather information about the client, but in the end we say a lot of powerful words which ultimately create the change. The wisdom you have accumulated over a lifetime of experiences becomes valuable to others, it is a win-win!
9. It is a skill anyone can learn, but it requires a bit of courage and self-confidence. Do you think you are up to the challenge?
10. You can learn it in your spare time at a relatively low cost. Spend your money wisely though. The best schools are ones that offer certification from a reputable organization such as those listed in # 2.
I wish to be your consultant regarding any matter involving hypnosis. If you would more information about how to start a career as a Hypnotist, please contact me. 713.469.2262